You know how sometimes you crave something so much it’s all you can think about?
Well I’ve been dreaming about a veggie sandwich and I finally fulfilled my craving
this had- spinach, tomato, sprouts, avocado, spicy brown mustard, and garlic pepper (no msg)
I made my open faced sangwich with this new bread I’m absolutely obsessed with
I have never tried millet before but it was gluten-free and fruit juice sweetened so I thought I would give it a try. I love discovering new things that I don’t know how I never had in my life. Let me just tell you
Millet bread+ almond butter= soooo good
this bread is kind of cakey and thick so when I toasted it and topped it with the nut butter it was like cake
So I’m sure you guys have probably been wondering what exactly are my diet rules, so let me explain:
- I’m a raw vegan. I say this because it makes up the bulk of my diet and I don’t believe you have to be perfect to hold the label. Although I must say I hate labels but for the purposes of explaining my eating philosophy I will indulge you with labels.
- I’m gluten-free. I don’t believe gluten is good for the body or that grains are necessary in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Not only did our ancestors not eat it, being that it is usually highly processed and enriched, but my digestion has also improved since I have cut it out. I URGE you to read this article on why grains are unhealthy
- I’m soy-free. “Soybeans, as provided by nature, are suitable for human consumption.” To put it simply, with all the gmo controversy out there I would rather stay away from any modified or processed foods and get my nutrients from whole raw foods.
- I also try to limit my nut intake. Although a raw vegan diet is pretty low in calories to begin with, that doesn’t mean you can go crazy in the fat department. Remember everything is better in moderation.
- I don’t eat preservatives or chemicals. I would hope this would be evident from the whole RAW vegan thing but I just thought I would clarify. This is honestly one of the biggest and best things to eliminate from your diet. If you can’t pronounce an ingredient or don’t know what it is, don’t eat it. As simple as that. I promise if you do this one simple thing you will automatically start to feel cleaner and healthier.
I hope this helps to clarify some things, but remember no one is perfect and you should stick to the diet that feels right for you. Coming soon- What are some of my diet staples?
Giveaway alert!!: Vega Smoothie To Go Giveaway