So after this week of being completely busy and stressed out and not blogging, I’ve decided the blog is becoming a chore and responsibility rather than a fun hobby. That being said I’ve decided that since I just had an interview for a job yesterday and have a very busy and full school schedule along with my sorority, I’m going to call it quits on the bloggy in order to truly live it up in the real world and to take my stress level down a notch. Thank you for all of you’re support and I hope I either taught or inspired you in some way this summer! And to all my fav bloggers….I still plan on lurking your blogs frequently because I still like that part 🙂
peace out, Bianka
ahhh it’s been chaos over here! Not only have I been fighting with the apartment people about getting my room cleaned and being able to move my stuff in but pre-rush has also officially started!!!
These next two weeks are going to be pure madness so I’m going to do my best with the bloggie but pweease don’t be mad at me 🙂
I have good news though…. I’m sleeping on a nice mattress pad and my comforter is out of the bag!!! no more freezing at night and sleeping on gross bare mattresses!! yay me!
I’ll be posting progress pics of my room soon too. get excited!
You may or may not have noticed how vague my blog has been in the past week and half. Well I’ve noticed but I’m also the one writing so I know what I’m hiding. Well, I suppose it is finally time to come clean.
I didn’t know how to say it because, well, it’s one of those things where you just don’t know how people will take it. But I’m finally comfortable enough to say it becuause I mean I shouldn’t care what other people think in the first place.
So here goes….I entered a bikini contest for the first time in my life. Literally if you had asked me to do one just a year ago I would have laughed in your face then gotten really self concious and run away probably. Now…well now I’m at a better place with accepting my body but it still took a LOT of convincing and a LOT of time debating it in my head.
In the end I decided to do it because one of my sorority sister’s boyfriends entered her and she didn’t want to do it alone. But even more than that I thought this would be a good way to get over some of my fears of judgment from others and being ok in my own skin. Oh and grand prize was $800 which didn’t sound too bad 😉
Well saturday finally came and I strutted my stuff on stage (classily i might add :)) and guess what? I won!!!!!!!!! I know! I won $800!!!!!!!
Not just that but me and my other 2 sorority sisters won top 3! It was a total domination and seriously so much fun. I mean lord only knows how nervous I was the whole time but in the end when I look back it really was fun lol.
here are some pics from the contest:
my and my sisters aka the top 3!!!
Sorry it took so long for me to spit it out but I would hate to tell you guys I was entering and then embaress myself by not winning! lol jk
What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Mine used to be skydiving but now it is def this contest!
Can’t find the motivation to keep running?
Why not switch up your music?
What’s my fav running/workout jams?
and why am I asking so many rhetorical questions?
Let’s just do this!
I’m partial to this crazy little white guy
Girl Talk is a DJ that mixes up some crazy beats that always keep me pumped up.
And then there’s this guy
yet another DJ (are you sensing a pattern?)
then there’s the BEP
can’t go wrong there
And of course there is Lady Gaga, Usher, Flo Rida, 3Oh!3, Justin Timberlake (especially FutureSex/Lovesounds), and so many more
*Btw I’m not so into the radio or the “what’s hot right now” songs. I hate how over played they are commercialized but if I’m still liking it after it isn’t “hot” anymore, then I’ll buy it 🙂 *
Hope this puts a little pep in your step!
What kind of music gets you pumped?
Yesterday, Alyssa at Gluten Free Muse made my day by giving me this little gem
Thanks again Alyssa!!! Sometimes it’s just nice to know there are actually people reading and enjoying what I write.
so anyhooo… to accept this award there are certain requirements that are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic!
And now, 7 things about me:
- I’ve been skydiving. It was so exhilarating and I would definitely take it up as a hobby if it wasn’t so expen$ive. I wasn’t scared at all either, it was just really fun and trust me even if you are afraid of heights it won’t affect your jump because you are literally so high that it is just a totally surreal experience. Do it!!
- I’ve taken art classes my entire life and took AP 2-D studio art my senior year. I’m kinda sad that I haven’t taken a class in a little over a year and I really want to get back into it in college somehow.
- I’m Brazilian. My mom is from a little town in northern brazil called Recife. I finally got to visit recently for the second time (the first being when I was 3!) and I had an awesome time and got to see all of her side of the family. Did I mention the food was AMAZING!
- My major is retail merchandising. Besides health and nutrition, I’m obsessed with fashion. What I want to do with my major I don’t exactly know, all I know is I want to work in the fashion industry some way some how. Ideally something like what lauren or whitney from the Hills/City do sounds good to me 🙂
- I can sing the jigglypuff song just like jigglypuff. It’s a gift, I know.
- I’m obsessed with Anthony Bourdain. If I could sit down and have lunch with anyone, I would choose him. He’s just such a bad ass. (On a side note: I’m just kind of obsessed with the food/travel channels in general).
- I love grocery shopping. I literally could search the greenwise section of Publix for hours and not buy anything but I just love looking at all the different products and wondering how things taste, is it healthy, or what can I make with it.
And my picks for the Winners of the Versatile Award:
- Peanut Butter and Jenny
- Chocolate-Covered Katie
- the edible perspective
- meals and moves
- Healthy Tipping Point
- The Front Burner
- Foods of April
- Girl meets health
- Nourish and Flourish
- Kath Eats Real Food
- (neverhome) maker
- hungry hungry hippie
- Ohh May..
Congratulations! you should be sooo honored lol jk. you guys rock!
I’ve officially made it my mission to finish the foods in my pantry and fridge before I stock up on more things. I know I’m always going on about cleaning out my fridge but I think it’s because for the first time in my life I’m buying my groceries and no one else is helping me eat the things I buy so I feel like I’m constantly scarfing food down so nothing goes bad! I guess that’s not too bad of a situation to find myself in 🙂
But now I have even more of an incentive because in 2 weeks i will once again be moving! AHHHHH
Geez, I really can’t wait for the school year to start so I will finally have a permanent residency.
So anyhooo, how am I going about eating everything that I have?
Enter Quinoa Granola Cereal!
(inspired by the edible perspective’s Quinoa Granola)
1 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 T cinnamon
3 T flax seeds
2.5 T raw agave
1/2 cup almonds (chopped/slivered would be even better)
1/2 cup raisins
– preheat oven to 350. Bring water to a boil then add quinoa and lower to a simmer. After about half the water evaporates add the almond milk. After cooking add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Grease a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring the granola about every 15 minutes.
*make sure you don’t over bake because the quinoa becomes pretty hard*
This granola creates a crunchy, lightly sweetened and nutty granola. The only thing it’s missing is that it doesn’t create clusters but it’s still delish! I ate mine with a little almond milk for breakfast
btw has anyone seen strange sex on TLC? I was recently flipping through the channels and stumbled on this on and let me tell you, strange is definitely an understatement.
If you’ve seen it, what do you think about it? Let’s just say I was laughing and amazed the entire time lol
Ok guys….don’t hate me pleaseeee but my camera is broken! It is horrible, tragic, devastating, I don’t know what to do with myself!
basically it died while the lens was still out and now the lens won’t go back in. It just keeps saying lens error. So what does this mean? Well don’t worry I will still be posting but this just means there won’t be any new pics of food 😦 they’ll prob be recycled
or from the internet
chocolate banana crepes
(this is by no means raw or vegan but man does that look good!)
and you’ll prob be seeing a lot of stupid stuff like this
sorry in advance lol
but there is an upside to all of this because my big sis finally uploaded the pics from the 4th!!! Here is my holiday summed up in pictures
started out normal
then came the slip n slide
or in bebler’s case
slip and bleed from the an**s (dane cook anyone?)
I swear that boy was in pain for the next week. He still has cuts and bruises 😦
and then stuff got weird..
and i think you see where this is going and why we ended up calling it quits so early. Overall the day was a great success! *borat voice*
Happy belated 4th of July everyone!!
And get excited for tomorrows post because I’m going to be talking all about food preservatives and how they affect your body.